jeudi 20 juin 2013

Daily Lifestyle far from "metro boulot dodo"

 

The daily lifestyle in the jungle is about knowing how to lay back, not to get panic of having nothing to do and learn to enjoy the nature show. 

Apart from some rare morning if we got land offer to visit, then we will go for a boat ride and do some jungle treck to find our future land for the project, we just bought a second hand broken wood boat, water leaking inside, motor can stop in the middle of the river where there are crocodiles waiting, but we are happy to be a boat owner cause it is freedom and fun with a boat when we are living by a river.

Most mornings, i will do house work, yoga at open fresh air.

Day time is hot here so we will nap or do more house work; and I shall be drawing to keep my creative spirit live but I m not....sometimes we will go to town for internet, there is a free wifi hut but with speed as slow as dial-up internet in the 80's, and when i say town it just means the heart of the village where the school & public hall are.

Later afternoon is my favourite moment, usually there will be a big thunder rain at this time to cool down the heat, animals come around the house after the rain, we can watch macaques swinging above the house, wildbores passing through and destroying our garden  soil, bird attacking squerral to protect their nest, hornbill couple sing duet or sunbathing in the garden once and the latest update this morning- a pinkish baby snake roll up on out stair case. Not to mention all kind of strange insects.

I just started to plant a potager cause fresh vegetable is hard to get here, so I will work in the garden, plant seed, clean dries leaves, make my wild orchids bonzai and during those moments I am feeding the mosquitos who have been hungry since the whole day. Valentin will work as some reparation job, there are always something to fix in an old wood jungle house. Neighbour kids love to come by and we will play with them, we just bought some badminton rackets for them. 

Then I will prepare dinner while kids are playing with Valentin as I am no fan of playing with kids, especially playing anything to do with ball.... they are nice kids, so wild, they help us with lot of dirty garden job and they don't care to be bitten by bugs, I will ask them to kill bugs for me when i see some. But they are so curious about our home and they touch everything they can see & sometimes destroy them forever, so I will chase them back home when i got fed up of them too soon.... 

After dinner, Valentin will do the dishes, then we would watch a film or read or write. Night fall around 6:30pm, we go to bed like 10pm, the day start early here, like 6am, so we natuallary sleep and wake up early, and I feel healty about it.

So here is my lay back jungle life, I'd still complaint how bored it could get sometimes, how I miss Paris and how inconvenience it is to be so disconnected to the world, but the scenary is truely relaxing & refreshing, the air is clean and smell of different fragrances every day depends on the flowering plant, we can drink the rain directly we call it sky-juice, no car noises but only animals voices, no concrete structure but only huge trees sculpture.

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire